Open up a Jsfiddle
Open a new window in your browser for working in
For this challange we will be using the site http://jsfiddle.net/
You can write you first HTML-Code there and see results immediately, without installing any programs or other preperation.
- Open up the http://jsfiddle.net/ in a second browser window right now.
- The Area in the upper left quater of the screen is the HTML-Input-Window. Write "Hello World" into the HTML-Input-Window.
- The Area in the lower right quater of the screen is the Result-Window. When you press "play" you can see the results of your code here.
- Press the "Save" Button to save your work
- After saving, your work has it's own unique Address where you can find it again. Look at the address-bar of your browser - it will start with http://jsfiddle.net/ followed by some nonsense-letters. Write it down or save it as a bookmark!
There is one more small thing you need to do: find the option "Normalized CSS" in the left hand sidebar and uncheck it. Save again.
This is what your fiddle should look like now:
Congratulations: you now have a place on the web to try out HTML. Just remember he address!