What technological trends are likely to have the biggest impact on education? What should we be doing to take advantage of them today?
How are you using things like mobile devices, digital contet, gaming, etc.?
Use the Post Comment link to share your thoughts. Also, if you attend any of the live events below, feel free to post your reflections here.
Additional resources and activities related to this topic (please check web sites for event times):
(Feel free to add to this list by clicking Edit at the top of this page.)
- Tues., Aug. 7, 9:00pm Eastern - Steve Hargadon interviews Lee Rainie from the PEW Foundation on his book, "Networked: The New Social Operating System."
- Thurs., Aug. 9, 2:00pm Eastern - "Organize Your School's Content with a Wiki" webinar
- Thurs., Aug. 9, 4:00pm Eastern - "How Schools Are Using iPads to Increase Student Learning" webinar
- Wed., Aug. 15, 2:00pm Eastern - "Epic-ed Open House" webinar
- Thurs., Aug. 16, 11:00am Eastern - "Skype in the Classroom" webinar
- Thurs., Aug. 16, noon Eastern - "Data and the Cloud: Why?" webinar
- Thurs., Aug. 16, 2:00pm Eastern - "One Size Does Not Fit All: Two Perspectives on Digital Transition" webinar
- Tues., Aug. 21, 10:00am Eastern - " Intel Teachers Engage Virtual Museum Resources: The Google Art Project" webinar
- Tues., Aug. 21, 5:00pm Eastern - "Using Free Resources to Create Blended Learning Experiences for Students" webinar
- Thurs., Aug. 23, 4:00pm Eastern - "Measuring the Educational Value of Games: How to Be a Better Advocate for GBL" webinar