Installing Python [Jan. 3, 2012, 4:33 a.m.]
We first need to make sure that Python is installed on your Operating System of choice.
Follow the Instructions at http://pytuts.blogspot.com/2011/06/installing-python.html
You can either Install Python 2.x or Python 3.x
- Python 2.x is widely used and supports many frameworks and packages.
- Python 3.x is the future and will soon replace 2.x.
- For more information on whether to choose Python2.x or Python 3.x, visit: http://wiki.python.org/moin/Python2orPython3
Reply to this task with the following information:
- Your Operating System
- The version of Python that you have installed (2.x or 3.x)
- Something you are excited to learn about in this class.
- Python 2 installation help: http://www.ibiblio.org/swaroopch/byteofpython/read/installing-python.html
- Python 3 installation help: http://www.swaroopch.com/notes/Python_en:Installation
- Python Download Page: http://www.python.org/download/