Unless otherwise noted, all the materials on this site are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 Unported license. In order to promote the values of P2PU any content that users create on this site is openly viewable and licensed under the above specified license by default. If you are wondering why we selected this particular license please read more about the decision and process that led to it at the end of this page.
You are free
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same, similar or a compatible license.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page.
Attribution For Specific Site Content
The light bulb icons in some parts of the site were created by DragonArt and licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY SA licence.
How we chose the license
In the last year, members of the P2PU Community underwent a lengthy and eye-opening process to reach consensus on which license would be the best for us to use. You can read about this process in our Choosing a License Compendium, which we have uploaded on this page as pdf or openoffice document. There is also a version on scribd.