The purpose of this group is to talk about approaches to online, self-directed professional learning and the power of this approach.
In this three week conversation group, we'll talk about:
- Who are we, as teachers and as individuals?
- What does professional development look like at your district? Does it work? Why or why not?
- What would professional development look like if it really worked?
- What's the difference between professional development and professional learning?
- What is “agency” in learning?
- How do we create agency for ourselves as teachers?
- What is the difference between passive listeners and involved engaged participants? How do you take different roles in different environments and how does it affect your learning and others?
- Are you engaged in your own professional learning? Why or why not?
- How can we take control of our own professional learning?
- What are the entry points for getting started?
- What topics would be useful for subsequent groups to delve deeper on these topics?