This task is optional but highly recommended to get comfortable with the development tools. The target dates are optional as well, but task 1 and 2 are required before this task.
Make a change and see what happens locally
Target dates: May 9 - May 15
Examples of changes to make to test/explore Lernanta and your local installation:
- Instead of stripes in the background, just have plain color
- Instead of "People" at the top of the navigation, it should say "Superstars"
- On the course listing, instead of allowing 2 lines of text, just show 1
- Any of the possible easy contributions on the bug tracker
- (Advanced) Add new field to a user's profile under general info: email address
After your change, reload the site on your localhost to make sure tha the change happened. Also, experiment with git if you're not already familiar with it with things like commiting locally then reverting back out of the change. Various cheat sheets.
Then, tell your fellow participants how the experimentation went. Post as a comment below or post a comment with a link to your blog post.
Did you run into any problems? Discover anything interesting?