ACTIVITY/READING: Reprogramming the MaKey MaKey
Here is a video that MaKey MaKey posted to VIMEO:
Here is a quick primer on MaKey MaKey basics already out there:
Quickstart Guide on SparkFun, authored by Jimb0
If you are reprogramming MaKey MaKey on Mac, you're in luck because Joylabz officially supports Mac reprogramming and there are less steps. Don't fret if you are on Windows/Linux, because it is still within your grasp!
Go ahead and read through the full Advanced Guide and see if you can get your MaKey reprogrammed:
Advanced Guide for Windows/Mac on SparkFun, authored by Jimb0
Additional steps for Ubuntu authored by Scott Hill
For Windows, you might need to fiddle with driver installation from Device Manager. If you run into snags, look for help in the comments below, the discussion page here, or at the MaKey MaKey forums. You can also contact email@example.com if using a Joylabz MaKey MaKey.
Post a comment about your experience. Were you able to reprogram the MaKey? Did you run into snags? Do you need help still? Do you have any MaKey reprogramming ideas you would like to share?
NEEDED: If you take screenshots along the process, please post them along with your operating system! All help creating tutorials greatly appreciated!!
- Windows/Mac (general): SparkFun Advanced Guide by Jimb0
- Ubuntu 13.10: Using a MaKey-MaKey With Ubuntu by Scott Hill
- Windows 8: WIP Guide by James B (needs cleaned up and visuals added)
- Reprogramming for iPad use: forum post by eric
- Windows 8.1: Needed and requested
- Windows 7 Home+: Needed and requested
- Mac: Officially supported but accessible guides have been requested
- RaspberryPi: Needed
- Reprogramming on and for other mobile devices: Needed
- Other Windows: Greatly appreciated
- Other Ubuntu/Linux: Greatly appreciated
- Other systems: Greatly appreciated