Week 1: App Inventor 2 and Git
- Introduction to App Inventor (AI2) and the Overall System Architecture (reading)
- Development Tools: Git and Github (git - the simple guide)
- Running Your Own Server: Fork, Clone and Run (Slides App)
- Inventor Development Workflow (slides)
- First, go through http://try.github.com (takes about 15 mins).
- Then, fork and clone the App Inventor sources, and run the server locally (slides)
- Finally, contribute to Random Hacks of Storytelling (instructions)
Assignment 1: Create an App Inventor App Create an app on your own server. See Assignment 1 for details.
Reading for This Week
- App Inventor Developer Overview
- How to build App Inventor from MIT Sources
- Developing App Inventor using Git and Github
- Git concepts simplified
Note: Content for this week can be found in the Calendar. Note that the dates in the Calendar only apply to MIT enrolled students. You can join this study group anytime.