Time to Cut & Paste
Editing involves a sharp learning curve from artistic placement of your moving images to learning a new software. Luckily, the web is full of great advice on editing.
Vimeo Video School has lots of great tutorials, although many of their tutorials focus on paid/proprietary software. However, there is a lot of freeware for computers and mobile devices out there.
Some recommendation for computers:
- List of production freeware: http://www.rewardprograms.org/thefreegeek/features/15_musthave_freeware_programs_for_filmmakers.html
- Recommendations for Windows users: http://savedelete.com/best-free-windows-video-editing-software.html
Some free software for phones:
- Splice App (iOS): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/splice-video-editor-free/id409838725?mt=8
- Vimeo App (iOS): http://vimeo.com/blog:479
- VidTim (Android): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goseet.VidTrim&feature=search_result
Have a suggestion or a good hack? Add it to this list! It's editable by all participants.