Become a coach
As you get better at poker itself, and especially at thinking about how to transfer the lessons to other areas of life, become a coach and help others do the same.
Prerequisites: you should have completed the rest of this course yourself
- Look at how coaches have facilitated discussions of games ([link])
- Prompt students to reflect on their games in the "Reflect" task. Some aspects to keep in mind:
- Mental state--were the students calm, excited, worried, etc?
- Objective situation--did they make the right decision and just have it not work out? Did they make the wrong decision and get lucky?
- Help students make connections between playing strategic games like poker and situations in real life. You can facilitate this process by acting as a coach in the Relate Poker To Real Life task.