More About the Course
Already registered? Visit the class Wikipedia page to get started!
You should expect to:
- Spend one hour per week in a live webinar. (Technical requirements)
- Spend 2-3 hours per week doing background reading, watching videos, and most importantly, editing Wikipedia. (Editing with other students during Friday lab sessions is encouraged but not required.)
When you are done, you will:
- Have a solid understanding of the history, values, and practices of Wikipedia
- Take pride in at least one Wikipedia article you have worked to improve
- Have an established identity on Wikipedia
- Be able to browse, read, and search Wikipedia at an advanced level
- Know where to go when you have detailed questions about Wikipedia
- Be able to help your colleagues get a better understanding of how Wikipedia works and what to expect from it
The WikiSOO Burba Badge :
Based on an informal award on Wikipedia called either "Novice Editor" or "Burba," this badge is your certificate of successful completion of the final project for this course.