What do you see as the opportunities of TOOL for professional development?
1. TOOL offers an excellent framework for PD for teachers.
2. It's free, easily accessible, and provides vast opportunities for networking and community building approaches.
3.The teaching workforce will need to have capabilities that allow them to handle information, reflect, create, solve problems and construct new knowledge so TOOL can assist them to do this.
4. Such an approach will facilitate teachers moving towards being in control of their own learning.
5. It will also engage them in narrating, curating and sharing information/ideas as they develop their own digital fluency capabilities.
6. Being in the outside world, as opposed to a program set up and run by governments, or organisations it will not be subject to the constraints, and limitations that can often impact on severely on the design, implementation and evaluation of learning options.
7.Allows the leveraging of the internet, and an abundance of educational resources openly available online
8. Allows a brilliant modelling of how things could be delivered in the classroom. So it is learning that can directly be utilised in the classroom.
9, It represents authentic learning and tasks, approaches and resources that are related to real life situations..
10. It could bring about deep learning as opposed to surface learning which can often result if people attend short training programs for PD.