Tools, platforms, systems, programs, and projects!
This page outlines Free/Open Source tools for math exploration, visualization, learning, and communication.
- Geogebra is a free mathematics tool for learning and teaching
- The KDE Education Project provides several tools for mathematics study and visualization.
- LyX combines the power and flexibility of TeX/LaTeX with the ease of use of a graphical interface. This results in world-class support for creation of mathematical content (via a fully integrated equation editor) and structured documents like academic articles,
- PlanetMath is a virtual community which aims to help make mathematical knowledge more accessible. PlanetMath's content is created collaboratively: the main feature is the mathematics encyclopedia with entries written and reviewed by members.
- SAGE is a free open-source mathematics software system licensed under the GPL. It combines the power of many existing open-source packages into a common Python-based interface.
- XaoS is an interactive fractal zoomer. It allows the user to continuously zoom in or out of a fractal in a fluid, continuous motion. This capability makes XaoS great for exploring fractals, and it’s fun!