-- Course Begins March 13, 2014 --
This Introduction To Microcontrollers course will be split up into 10 lessons with the lecture video for each lesson hosted on youtube. The lectures will be 8-12 minutes in length so that you have enough time to see the information and can go over it twice to perform any of the experiments while following along with the video. Each lecture will contain 4 main sections, an introduction, theory, experiment and real world examples. In addition, each lesson video will be hosted at PyroEDU with downloadable offline information and material like homework, schematics, formulas and parts kit information.
- Introduction (March 13, 2014)
- Hardware Hello World (March 20, 2014)
- Input and Output (March 27, 2014)
- Timers and Timing (April 3, 2014)
- Analog to Digital Conversions (April 10, 2014)
- Polling vs Interrupts (April 17, 2014)
- Communicating with a PC (April 24, 2014)
- Design an LED Game (May 1, 2014)
- Design a Cyclops Eye (May 8, 2014)
- AVR vs Arduino (May 15, 2014)
You should expect to learn the basic of microcontrollers: input & output, timing, ADC, interrupts and how to build & program a microcontroller. Beyond that, you should also expect to get a better 'feeling' of what a microcontroller can do and where its limitations are.