Week 1: Introduce yourself and your classroom need - March 18
Join this Blackboard Collaborate room on Thursday, March 21 at 3:00pm US Pacific time/UTC-7 (convert to your timezone here). This is the time for the first meetup only. Please take this Doodle poll to decide the best time for future meetups.
Sorry you missed it!
- View the slides here.
- View the recording here: https://sas.elluminate.com/site/external/jwsdetect/nativeplayback.jnlp?sid=2008170&psid=2013-03-21.1530.M.5E7B928FC11E94D844B1405E5A750C.vcr
- Issues with Blackboard? Check out their support portal.
Topics for discussion at virtual meetup
- Introduce yourself and why you are here. What grade and subject do you teach?
- What is your classroom or educational resource need? What problem are you trying to solve, if any? What questions do you have? Name the topic you need help with teaching, or the educational resource you need help improving
- Course administration
Your mission for the week:
(due Sunday, March 24)
- Complete Task 1 of the Get CC Savvy challenge: Copyright and Creative Commons are friends.
- If you didn't name a topic during this session, choose one! Either pick a specific resource you would like to supplement (eg. a textbook chapter), or decide more generally on a section in your curriculum you'd like to make more fun for your students. (If you're stuck, try Task 1 of Teach Someone Something with Open Content.)
- Read about Communicating in this course and register for a Wordpress account if you don't already have one. Post your Wordpress username below so I can add you as an author to the cc4k12 blog.
- Optional: Also share your Twitter handle below so I can add you to the @cc4k12 Twitter course participant list.
- "Mr. Mayo’s Class Integrates CC, Skypes with Lawrence Lessig" -- a 7th grade teacher's experience with integrating CC education into his classroom
- New to P2PU? Watch this video to get acquainted with how it works: