ENG 099 Conversational American English (Dec. 2012) Assignment 1
This assignment is to completed after finishing Lecture 1.
Publish a response below to this challenge introducing yourself and answering the following 5 questions:
- What’s your name?
- Where do you live?
- Where are you born?
- Why do you want to improve your English? or, What is your English studying goal?
- What food do you hate?
Below your introduction, answer these questions:
- Between “International English” or “Friendly American English” which greeting do you prefer? (1 to 3 sentences)
- In the Language Talk section, the Teacher says “A spoken word then is the sign of what?” please answer the question in your own words. (2 to 3 sentences).
- Do you like the short story? Why? (2 to 3 sentences) How much does your apartment cost? More or less than $8? (2 sentences)
- Please write 1 question you have for 1 other participant in the MOOC
- Answer 2 other people’s questions in their blog comments, or via P2PU, Wikiversity or Facebook
Complete the Paragogical Action Review, or PAR:
- Review what was supposed to happen
- Establish what is happening/happened
- Determine what’s right and wrong with what we are doing/have done
- What did we learn or change?
- What else should we change going forward?
Text retrieved from: http://www.mr.danoff.org/eng099/?page_id=104