So for my project, I'm going to redo a short video I made about fractions (for grade 3-4) using hte principles we've learned here. Before doing so though, I'd like to get ideas and input from all of you.
Here's the BEFORE video:
Here are my thoughts/ideas:
- Take out background music (coherence principle)
- When showing things like parts of a fraction (numerator/demonimator), parts of an apple, and parts of a group, highlight the important part. (signaling)
- Possibly use colors to show numerator and denominator
- Leave out text "how many pieces we're talking about" and "total pieces in the whole" (redundancy)
- Leave out text "A fraction can show a part of a group." (Agree?)
- Slow down. (segmenting)
- In Your Turn activities, tell users to pause the video?
- What should I do with graphics in Your Turn activities? Highlight when answer is given?
- Concretizing - Do the examples I give relate to prior knowledge? I think so, but any other ideas?
What other ideas do you have before I work on this? Thanks in advance.