Git & Your First Github Pull Request
Git is a popular revision control system that is used by many open source projects. We'll be using as part of our first 'Pull Request' :)
If you haven't already please make sure you have git correctly installed on your computer.
- Follow these steps to fork the repository.
- Clone the repository following these steps.
- Ensure everything is setup correctly.
- Follow the first step to add your name to the directory, but instead of creating a new profile page, simply link your name to the Introduction URL you created on Webmaker earlier in the course.
- Commit and Push.
- Create a First Pull Request!
- How would you describe the experience of submitting your first pull request?
- Does this make you feel more likely to contribute (code or writing) to a Github project? If so, do you have any projects in mind?
- Briefly describe the difference between forking and cloning?
- What comments are most helpful to a github repository administrator when submitting your Pull Request?
- What would you like to learn next?