After successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Open Source Software Communities
- Briefly describe Free & Open Source Software
- List 5 or more open source projects.
- Basic understanding of communication-styles of Open Source communities using IRC and distribution lists.
- Describe what attributes of an issue (or bug) seem most important when looking for a task ?
- Describe the difference between an IRC channel and server.
- Successfully setup an IRC client to connect to #openhatch on Freenode & #introduction on Mozilla.
- Describe how networks and channels make open source projects more 'findable' and accessible?
- Have success installing git on a local computer.
- Describe the terms 'fork' and 'clone' in relation to Github Repositories.
- Complete a '1st' Pull Request to a test project designed by Open Hatch.
Course participants will leave understanding the next steps, and opportunities to lend their skills.