Week 1: Introduce yourself and your classroom need - August 5
For discussion in your small group
- Introduce yourself and why you are here. What grade and subject do you teach? What timezone do you live in?
- What is your classroom or educational resource need? What problem are you trying to solve, if any? What questions do you have? Name the topic you need help with teaching, or the educational resource you need help improving
Your task for the week:
(due Sunday, August 11)
- Look out for an introductory email. Respond with your name, profession/field, and timezone.
- Complete Task 1 of the Get CC Savvy challenge: Copyright and Creative Commons are friends.
- Choose a topic you want to work on in this course: Either pick a specific resource you would like to supplement (eg. a textbook chapter), or decide more generally on a section in your curriculum you'd like to make more fun for your students. (If you're stuck, try Task 1 of Teach Someone Something with Open Content.)
- Read about Communicating in this course and register for a Wordpress account if you don't already have a blog. Post your Wordpress username below so I can add you as an author to the cc4k12 blog. If you already have a blog, post a link to it below!
- Share your Twitter handle below so I can add you to the @cc4k12 Twitter course participant list.
- Contribute to an international research project and help us understand more about the use of online resources! Find out more and participate here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/K12_Educators
- "Mr. Mayo’s Class Integrates CC, Skypes with Lawrence Lessig" -- a 7th grade teacher's experience with integrating CC education into his classroom
- New to P2PU? Watch this video to get acquainted with how it works: