Week 3: Find the materials with the rights you need - August 19
For discussion in your small group
- Discuss results of the Get CC Savvy challenge. What questions do you and/or your students still have? Do you get it?
- Share experiences on where we usually look for and find materials for use in the classroom. Do we have the rights to use these materials? Other than rights, what limits the types of materials we can use?
- Share your favorite K-12 resources with each other! Why are they so great and how do you use them? Are they open?
Your task for the week:
(due Sunday, August 25)
- Based on the topic you chose in Week 1, complete Tasks 2-3 of Teach Someone Something with Open Content.
- Blog about your experience searching for open content at the cc4k12 blog or your own blog.* Did you find what you were looking for? How did you know if you could use it or not? Share what worked (new search tips!) and what didn't for you.
- Optional: Apply to receive the 'Find OER' badge below
*Remember to post a link to your blog post below if you are using your own blog.
Additional resources on how to search for CC-licensed content:
- Finding Open Educational Resources screencast by David Wiley
- Video on Finding OER by The Orange Grove Repository
- List of sites to Find OER by Open Professionals Education Network
Tools for keeping track of your resources:
- Diigo bookmarking tool
- Zotero research tool
- Etherpad (feel free to our P2PU-hosted pad) or Google docs
Apply for this badge by submitting a link to your blog post.