I HAVE DREAMWEAVER CS5.5 =)
Install an HTML Text Editor
- Identify desirable features in an HTML editor.
- Compare two or more HTML editors.
- Report your comparison to other participants of this class
- Select an HTML editor for your personal use
- Summarize the reason(s) that led you to choose your specific editor
- Use your editor to produce a simple HTML page
For this course we need an HTML editing tool. There are many to choose from. We do not need many advanced features for this basic course so pick a simple text editor with syntax highlighting.
Online HTML editors
There are several HTML editors that you can use in your web browser:
- Mozilla Thimble - Recommended to use on this course. Provides direct visual feedback, syntax highlighting, and easy publishing.
- HTML Pad (Mozilla online HTML editor)
Free/Open Source Text Editors
The following text editors have syntax highlighting and are Free/Open Source tools:
- Bluefish (GNU/Linux, Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows)
- Geany (GNU/Linux, Microsoft Windows)
- gEdit (GNU/Linux, Mac OSX, Microsoft Windows)
- jEdit (GNU/Linux, Mac OSX,Microsoft Windows)
- Notepad++ (Microsoft Windows)