Create a working concept for a game (Design)
Here is your chance to build a better Mousetrap! Given what you already know, and adding what you've recently learned, or in some cases recalled, your challenge is to create a board game of your own. It doesn't need to be complex, just complete.
Using the component areas specified in the prior tasks, construct a simple board game
- Include detail for each of the specific game components.
- Describe in detail the logic and rules responsible for the game experience.
- Develop an appreciation for the value of a storyline/hook in a game.
Knowing the components that comprise a game, create the framework for one of your own.
- In a post to the task thread, propose your own game concept.
- Identify what would be included for each of the specific components that work together to comprise that game.
- Include a flowchart of the game experience.
- Describe the storyline/hook that makes your game compelling.
- Select at least one other peer's contribution and evaluate it using the Peer Interaction prompt
Identify gaps in the work of your peers and reflect on their contributions as they apply to your own post/analysis. Consider storyline/premise, play environment and rules structure as the key focal areas.
Things to think about:
Remember that you are not restricted to the text format of the post box. Feel free to use any accessible web-based tool or resource to assist in illustrating/conveying your concept. Just remember to adjust the sharing settings for public viewing to minimize confusion/frustration on the part of your peer reviewers!