6. Improve this course - Week 4
Further Web reading
- Debrief: Sprinting to Build an Open Science Course - Example of a workshop that turned into a School of Open course called Open Science: An Introduction.
- Seeds for Change resources: Lots of guides to workshops, meetings, facilitation and tools for workshops.
- Wilderdom has a wide selection of 'games' and activities to complement and support learning, including links to other resources.
- Training for Dummies, Elaine Biech, 2005. ISBN: 0764559850. Good resource to support ongoing learning. Lots of tips and techniques for existing or would-be facilitators.
- How to Run a Great Workshop: The Complete Guide to Designing and Running Brilliant Workshops and Meetings, Nikki Highmore Sims, 2006. ISBN: 0273707876. Useful guide to developing and running participatory workshops.
- Facilitating Group Learning: Strategies for Success with Adult Learners, George Lakey, 2010. ISBN: 0470768630. Very readable book with lots of examples from his extensive experience of facilitating social change groups.
Edit the wiki version of this course
Help improve this course by editing and adding to it directly at http://booki.flossmanuals.net/accounts/login/?next=/designing-collaborative-workshops/_edit/. You will need to create a booki account first before you can see the content.
Task: Share your workshop tips
How would you improve this course? How would you expand what you learned here into a larger workshop/unconference?