There are many excellent sources for free and open geospatial information. Depending on your needs, you may combine data from multiple sources. You may also store, modify, and re-distribute most of the information available, to meet your needs and the needs of your community.
- Geospatial Platform
- National Elevation Dataset
- National Geophysical Data Center
- National Map
- U.S. Census: TIGER
- U.S. Census
- Select two data sets relevant to your region.
- Let the class know which data sets you have chosen and why you think they are good.
- If you can, offer any suggestions as to additional sources of open geospatial data.