Just wondering if anyone has used any tools to turn video clips to comics.? Any ideas please?
Week 1: Introducing Multimedia
- Multimedia is presenting both pictures and words
- People learn better from words and pictures than from words alone
- Dual Channel: humans have two different processing channels for visual and auditory materials
- Limited Capacity: learners have a limited capacity for processing information from each channel
- Active Processing: learners must actively engage in the process of learning by selecting and organizing information, then integrate it with prior learning. Active processing results in deeper learning
Note: The multimedia in these presentations may take a minute to fully load after they appear before they will play properly. I uploaded these to a server rather than a video sharing site to retain user control of the progression of the slides.
- Openedweb Blog: Text and Graphics in Multimedia Presentations
- The Cognitive Load of PowerPoint: Q&A with Richard E. Mayer
- Cognitive Style of PowerPoint: Slides are not all Evil
What is your experience with the impact of multimedia on learning? What do you think the attributes of effective multimedia are? Do you feel that most educational multimedia is well designed to improve learning?