Location:Standard Set Answer:
I am a new teacher and interested in learning more that can help my teaching.
Improving as a teacher.
Not right now - too inexperienced.
As and when necessary.
Prezi, Captivate and PowerPoint.
Anyone can follow a course on P2PU. Participating is the next level of engagement. The sign-up is a space where interested individuals can express their interest and background in the topic and commit to working with the rest of the participants. Please answer the following set(s) of questions if you want to become a participant or organizer.
This set of signup questions is common to all study groups, courses, ... in P2PU. The answers to these questions will be public once you get accepted.
This set of signup questions is particular to this course. The answers to these questions will be public once you get accepted.
This set of signup questions is particular to this course. The answers to these questions will be visible to all participants once you get accepted.
What do you teach?
Where do you teach?
What is your email address?
Can you commit to complete the tasks in this course?
I'm a teacher looking for new ideas and ways of improving.
Location: AustraliaStandard Set Answer:
1) I like using multimedia in the classroom, and my students often respond to it better than just me taking to them about a new idea or topic. But, I want to make sure I'm using multimedia as effectively as possible and developing students' critical thinking skills.
2) I hope to be more critically aware of the nature and usage of media in my classroom.
3) I don't know what helping entails. I don't think I am able to at this point.
1) Giving students access to different kinds of visual information to accompany other texts, engaging them in new concepts and as a research tool.
2) Both, but more often media created by others.
3) Currently - Powerpoint, online video (Youtube and Khan Academy), internet for research, audio CDs, websites for student navigation as well as projected for whole class. I aim to also use Prezi more and eventually a smartboard (for language teaching) if I can get access.