oa-1. What makes it Open?
Describing Open Access
- Open Access on Wikipedia (CC BY-SA)
- Budapest Open Access Initiative (CC BY)
- Berlin Declaration on Open Access (CC BY)
- Bethesda Statement on Open Access Publishing
- Open Access Overview by Peter Suber (CC BY)
- Gratis and libre Open Access by Peter Suber (CC BY)
Take a look at a few of the resources above that explain what Open Access is, describe it as if you were telling a friend or colleague for the first time. You likely won't need to read each resource in its entirety, but look for common themes and what else you can pull out from the definitions, declarations, and statements. What makes OA green or gold? How about gratis or libre?
If you find another open resource explaining an important point about describing OA, include a link to it in your blog post.
Post a link to your blog post in the discussion thread below.
Content in this course licensed CC BY where applicable.