Be the change [Oct. 24, 2012, 1 p.m.]
Probably the best and most impactful part of the dScribe model is the advocacy it generates for sharing what we create in everything we do. We've seen dScribe participants go on to publish all of their courses online, become policy fellows at Creative Commons, and even run their own OER site. dScribe is about carrying forward what you've learned and building awareness for the opportunities and benefits for sharing resources.
- TASK: thank people for sharing
- incorporating feedback
- following up with people who reuse your content to ensure proper attribution
- sharing analytics/metrics/reuse data ---paying attention to usage
- calling people out when they share well or don't
- bring open practices into the things that you do.
- organize groups/meetups/events